My aim is to make every pupil feel relaxed and I provide individual attention and care that will allow for:
- the development of a solid technique
- the understanding of breath control
- the understanding of sound projection
- the building of confidence and growth in self-esteem
- the development of musical understanding
- the building of a repertoire of music chosen by myself and the pupil
- having fun!
A lesson will start with warm ups – simple, gentle physical activities followed by breathing and vocal exercises which not only warm up the voice but also develop vocal technique. The main part of the lesson is spent working on pieces agreed between myself and the pupil. It is vital that music is chosen together as it is so important to enjoy the songs being learned.